Planning your corporate party can be stressful for many reasons. Aside from ensuring everything goes perfectly with the caterer and the venue, your guests overall enjoyment is a main priority. After all, why else would you throw a party besides to have a good time? One of the best ways to ensure lots of fun and laughs is through a themed party.
A themed party allows your guests to get into character, whether that means dressing up, embracing the theme, or just taking in the atmosphere. Along with a themed party comes a themed party playlist. You want to make sure you have a solid playlist, without making it cheesy, overpowering, or annoying. Creating a themed playlist for corporate parties can be done with little to no stress at all.
The first step to choosing a themed playlist is choosing an appropriate theme. This may seem obvious, however, there are a few things you should consider before making your final decision.
- Is there a certain holiday coming up? Does everyone celebrate this holiday? It may seem surprising, but it’s hard to find a holiday EVERYONE celebrates. For example, have a Christmas & Hanukkah rather than simply a Christmas party. You want everyone at your company to feel invited, so make sure everyone feels invited.
- Is your theme appropriate for work? These are people you are going to have to see in the office on Monday. Don’t ruin your reputation or have the reputations of your coworkers tarnished.
- Does the setting of your party match the theme you are going for? While most venues are versatile, a religious venue may not be ideal for an ABC party.
- Think in terms of numbers. What is the age range of people attending? How many people? These numbers will influence your theme for obvious reasons. An event with 25 people is different than one with 300 people, and a party of 20 year olds is very different than a party of 60 year olds.
Once you have chosen your theme, it is time to start your playlist. A good starting point for your playlist is to start with a few songs you KNOW relate to your theme. Even if they seem stereotypical to your theme, use them. Most people will be familiar with them and they also provide a segway into other ideas.
Now that you have a basic idea of the playlist you are going for, here are a few reminders to make sure you get your playlist where it needs to be.
- Just because a song matches your theme doesn’t mean it’s ideal for a party. Songs should have a great beat to keep your guests entertained. For example, there are several wonderful holiday songs, but not all of them make you want to get up and dance.
- Even though you have a theme, don’t be afraid to stray away from it. There are certain songs that are just known as “party songs”. PLAY THEM! Halloween parties are a blast, but we all need a break from scary music and Monster Mash. Guests are well aware of the party theme, so don’t feel as though you need to constantly remind them of what it is.
- Don’t shy away from talking to your entertainment company! Tell them anything and everything you are going for. With the experience they have, chances are, they will be able to help you come up with songs you may not come up with on your own. Your playlist is not a task for you to do on your own. Your entertainment company wants your party to be just as perfect as you do.
Wiley Entertainment has a selection of over 20,000 songs and is a sure fit for your themed corporate party. Contact us today to begin your free consultation and the planning process for your next event!