There are thousands upon thousands of flowers and arrangement styles to choose from while planning your wedding. With such an incredible variety, making your flower selection can be one of the most difficult choices you’ll make as you plan your big day. It’s right up there with choosing the perfect musical entertainment and finding your dream wedding dress. One of the best ways to narrow down your options is to select your wedding flowers by season. Here are some tips to get you started:
First things first: What season are you having your wedding?
As you make your flower selection, keep in mind the season you’ll be having your wedding. This is important for two reasons. One, the type and color of flowers you choose will have a huge impact on your wedding theme and decor. Two, depending on the season, the flower you want may be difficult to find or may cost more because they’re not in bloom.
Sticking to your seasonal color scheme:
The flowers you choose will have an impact on the look of your wedding. You likely have a general idea of which styles and colors are appropriate based on the season. Traditionally, pink, yellow, and orange flowers are beautiful for spring weddings–unless you’re having a winter themed wedding in Spring.
- White flowers are a great staple for any wedding flower arrangement. This color works for any season, (though it fits particularly well with winter weddings) and there are multiple varieties of flowers that come in white. Some popular white flower choices for weddings: rose, sweet pea, camellia, stephanotis, narcissus, gardenia, orchid, lily of the valley, jasmine, and snowdrop.
- Pink flowers are a beautiful choice for spring and summer weddings. Look for roses, ranunculus, peonies, sweet peas, carnations, tulips, proteas, boronias, and lilies if you want to incorporate pink flowers into your wedding flower arrangements.
- Lavender flowers work beautifully at winter, spring, and summer weddings. Add some lavender, lilac, anemone, statice, iris, delphinium, or hydrangea to your arrangements to add a touch of this color.
- Yellow and orange flowers are perfect for fall, summer and spring weddings. Look for daffodils, sunflowers, tulips, gerberas, lilies, and freesias.
- Red, the color of love. Flowers in this color will fit with weddings in any season. Look for gerberas, roses, dahlias, poinsettias, and amaryllis. Poinsettias are great for winter weddings. For a wintery feel, keep your arrangements simple by only using red and white flowers. Summer and spring weddings can include reds, pinks, purples, yellows, and oranges.
If you have your eye on a particular type of flower, check with your florist about its seasonal availability. Depending on the season, some flowers may be more difficult to come by and may also be more expensive to have shipped in.
If a flower on your must have list isn’t in bloom, you can still incorporate it. If availability is limited, you can use what you have by positioning them in the places where you want them to be the most visible, or where they’re most important to you–like in your bouquet or on your centerpieces at the reception.
So many details go into planning your wedding day. Flowers and decor are important, but don’t leave the other important details until the last minute. Start exploring your wedding DJ or live band options now so that your wedding day will be as entertaining as it is beautiful. Contact Wiley Entertainment today to learn more about our live band and experienced DJs.
Good health is a result of proper food and lifestyle. How can drugs hels up? What aspects families look for when they plan to purchase some drugs? Undoubtedly, you should check with your dispenser to see whether one of these remedies is a suitable choice for you. Below are a couple of tips about “dosage levitra“. What may patients ask a druggist before taking Viagra? When you order medications like Viagra you have to keep in mind about “dosage of levitra“. A medicinal research about “levitra doses” report that men’s most common sexual problem is erectile dysfunction. Living with such problem can no doubt complicate dating. You must be very circumspective while going to buy medicines like Viagra.