Your wedding day will be filled with special moments and memories, from the exchanging of your vows to walking down the aisle as an official couple. After the ceremony, you’ll make many more memories at the reception, from your grand entrance to cutting the cake. But one of the most sentimental moments will be the father daughter dance. To make this moment all the more special, we’ve hand selected the 10 most touching, heartfelt father daughter dance songs around. If you’re still searching for the perfect song, one of these could be your match:
- The Temptations,”My Girl”- I’ve got a sweeter song , than the birds in the tree/ What can make me feel this way, My girl… My girl, talkin bout my girl.” The Temptations nailed it with this charming up-tempo tune. It’s a little more upbeat than some of the others so if you’re looking for a good dancing song or if you watched the movie with your dad growing up, it’s a good one.
- Bob Carlisle, “Butterfly Kisses”- This country song has become a favorite as it speaks about watching daddy’s little girl grow up and letting her go on her wedding day. He talks about how she was “sent from Heaven,” and was “Daddy’s little girl,” and how hard it was to give her away years later. If you’re looking for a tearjerker, this is the one.
- Marvin Gaye, “How Sweet It Is,”- If you prefer older songs, try the original version of this song, which talks about how “sweet it is to be loved.” This song expresses gratitude, and that’s one thing you can never express enough to a parent.
- Tom Petty, “Wildflowers,”- If you like rock music with emotional words, this song is perfect for you. It sends the message of every father, “You belong among the wildflowers… Far away from your trouble and worry.”
- Rascal Flatts, “My Wish,”- This has been one of the most popular father and daughter songs since it was released in 2006. The country band speaks about father’s preparing their daughters for their next step in life when they sing, ” While you’re out there getting where you’re getting to… I hope you know somebody loves you.” If that’s not touching, we don’t know what is.
- Heartland, “I Loved Her First,”- If you’re a Country fan, then 2006 was a lucky year, as Heartland also released one of the most popular father and daughter requested songs that year. Its poignant lyrics reach everyone on how “I’m not going stand in your way … and a place in my heart will always be hers.”
- Louis Armstrong, “What a Wonderful World,”- This classic song from the 1960s features happy lyrics that work for almost every type of father and daughter relationship from being daddy’s little girl to reconnecting with your father after many years.
- Billy Joel, “Just the Way You Are,” – This 1970s hit reiterates what every father thinks, which that he loves his daughter just the way she is, unconditionally.
- Billy Joel, “Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel),”- Joel wrote this song for his own daughter, and it’s become widely popular at late-night receptions, as he promises to always be there no matter where she is.
- Paul Simon, ” Father and Daughter,”- This newer song is becoming more popular with sentimental dads that want their daughter to know, ” As long as one and one is two/There could never be a father/Who loved his daughter more than I love you.”
No matter which song you select to go along with this sentimental moment, make sure you select a song that means something to both you and your dad. Contact Wiley Entertainment today, and we’ll help you choose your father daughter dance song, plan the rest of your reception music, and make sure it all goes according to plan.
Live entertainment with no limits.
When you choose Wiley Entertainment, you’re not just getting a set of songs. You’re getting an experience that will make your event spectacular and unforgettable.Get a Free Consultation